Rimmel Stay Matte Mousse Foundation


Hello everyone and welcome to today's post. I wanted to share another drugstore foundation with you that I absolutely love. This foundation is probably one of the most unique foundations you'll find at the drugstore but trust me, it works. The Rimmel London Stay Matte Liquid Mousse foundation is - as the name suggests - a matte, oil-free foundation with a mousse consistency.
 
Current Price at CVS:             $5.49
Current Price at Walgreens:  $5.49
Current Price on Amazon:     $3.84
 
So grab a comfy seat, your favorite drink, and let's jump into the review >>>>>
 
 
HERE'S THE LOWDOWN >>>>
 
If you're like me and have oily skin then you know the struggle of finding a good foundation that will keep the shine away from my T-zone, cheeks, and chin. Well, this foundation does that and more. It helps to minimize pores and even out any redness or discoloration that may be on the face. Also, it comes in a plastic tube that opens from the bottom so (thanks to gravity) you can get the maximum amount of product out.
 
It has a mousse-like consistency to it that blends out seamlessly into the skin and dries down to a matte, almost powdery finish. Because it's a full coverage formula you don't have to use a lot of the product to achieve the coverage you're looking for. A little goes a long way.
 
Honestly, the first time I used this foundation I was really surprised at how well it lasted throughout the day. I mean, I wore it to the gym and it lasted great through my workout. So well, in fact, that I had people asking me what kind of foundation I had on. Boy, were they  shocked to learn that it came from the drugstore.
 
 
It comes in 16 different shades that range from ivory to deep mocha, but I got to let you know - this foundation oxidizes - meaning it gets a little darker after it's been applied - so buy a shade lighter than what you'd normally buy. I learned this hard way when I picked up the shade Nude and my face looked like a tan floating head that didn't match my neck. Light Nude works a lot better for my complexion.
 
BOTTOM LINE >>>>
 
If you're looking for a full coverage foundation that will hold up all day and cover even the most stubborn blemishes plus keep your face matte and free from shine, then Rimmel's Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation is for you. It's affordable yes, but it actually works, and to be honest, I'd pay more for it if I had to.
 
Below you'll find a side-by-side comparison of how well the foundation held up through my average work day. From 7:30 am to 5:30 pm, my skin still looked matte and covered by the end of the day. This is definitely a foundation to check out.
 
 
 
 

 

 
Until next time . . .

XOXO,

Nellie






Comments

Popular Posts